Three Reasons: La Ciénaga
Elms: A Cine-Essay
La Ciénaga: What’s Outside the Frame
By David Oubiña
By Chuck Stephens
Did You See This?
November 14, 201112:52 PM
November 14, 201103:53 PM
November 14, 201104:27 PM
November 14, 201106:29 PM
November 14, 201106:32 PM
November 14, 201106:52 PM
November 14, 201108:05 PM
November 14, 201110:50 PM
November 15, 201112:29 AM
November 15, 201104:48 PM
November 26, 201107:11 PM
November 27, 201112:09 AM
January 23, 201211:15 PM
New Criterion User?
Forgot your password?
3. Screenplay, one of the best ever written.”
on Three Reasons: It Happened One Night,
“1. Antonioni's visual brilliance
2. Vitti, Vitti, OMG Monica Vitti
3. The Mediterranean Ocean and its islands.
on Three Reasons: L’avventura,
“1. HITCHCOCK! His first great American studio film. Yes better than Rebecca.
2. That Windmill interior
3. Great set pieces.”
on Three Reasons: Foreign Correspondent,
“1. #1 is always reserved for director John Ford in any movie he has made.
2. Henry Fonda's performance.
3. The historically inaccurate gun fight at the OK Corral. Yes it is inaccurate but it is . . .”
on Three Reasons: My Darling Clementine,
“1. Hoffman and Pollack in the " YOU WERE A TOMATO!!!" scene.
2. Bill Murray
3. The underrated performances of Teri Garr, Dabney Coleman, and the late great Charles Durning.”
on Three Reasons: Tootsie,
SIGN UP to receive info on new releases, Top 10 lists, contests, giveaways, and special offers
The Criterion Collection © 2015
Join us on: