- What is the Criterion Channel?
The Criterion Channel is an independent streaming service that features an eclectic mix of classic and contemporary films from Hollywood and around the world, many not available anywhere else. In addition to hosting the Criterion Collection and Janus Films’ celebrated library of more than 1,000 films, it also features titles from a wide array of studio and independent licensors and original programming exclusive to the service. Along with the constantly refreshed thematic programming, subscribers to the Criterion Channel can also enjoy 350 shorts and 3,500 supplementary features, including trailers, introductions, behind-the-scenes documentaries, interviews, video essays, commentary tracks, and rare archival footage.
- How much is a subscription to the Criterion Channel?
A monthly subscription to the Criterion Channel costs $10.99 USD a month and an annual subscription costs $99.99 USD a year. This includes a free 14-day trial for you to try out the service with no obligation. After your free trial ends, your credit card will be charged at either the monthly or annual rate you selected when you registered for an account. You may cancel or pause your subscription at any time. To set up an account, please visit the Subscription Page at criterionchannel.com.
Even without an active subscription, you can see what’s currently streaming on the Channel by visiting the All Films page at criterionchannel.com. You can browse and filter the 2000+ films available to stream by genre, director, decade, and country of origin.
- If I have an account at Criterion.com, can I watch the Criterion Channel?
Unfortunately, no. Criterion.com and CriterionChannel.com have separate accounts and billing that are not linked, even though they are both Criterion Collection ventures. This may change in the future, but for now they are separate.
Criterion.com is a site where you can purchase Blu-rays and DVDs, put together and share your Criterion Collection Wish List, keep track of the Criterion titles you own in My Collection, and read the articles in our online magazine, the Current.
- If I live outside of the United States and Canada, can I stream movies from the Criterion Channel?
The Criterion Channel is available only in the U.S. and Canada. We’d love to launch the Criterion Channel worldwide, but there are complexities involved that we’re not ready to take on just yet. One step at a time!
- I set up a Criterion Channel account and subscription and have some questions. Where can I find answers?
- What devices can I use to watch the Criterion Channel?
To watch the Criterion Channel, you can use a computer web browser to stream from criterionchannel.com or use the Criterion Channel App available for
- Roku (excluding "legacy" models)
- Apple TV 4 and newer
- Amazon Fire TV Cube
- Amazon Fire TV (3rd Generation)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
- Xbox One Game consoles
- Select 2018-2020 Samsung Smart TVs with Tizen OS
- iPads and iPhones running OS 10.0 or later
- select Android devices running OS 4.3 and up
- I’m having issues watching content on the Criterion Channel. What do I do?
For help troubleshooting any viewing issues you may be having, visit CriterionChannel.com/Help
- I still need help! How do I contact you?
You can reach our customer service department by sending an email to: email@example.com
Please note that emails are answered Monday to Friday during business hours ET. Please include your name and e-mail address with your questions or comments.
- Are all Criterion Collection releases available to stream on the Channel?
While many of the films in the Criterion Collection are available to stream on our Channel, not all of them are. You can see which films are streaming on the Channel on the individual film pages at criterion.com.