L’avventura: Cannes Statement
By Michelangelo Antonioni
Les Blank’s Cinéma Vitalité
By Andrew Horton
• Michael Chabon on the miniature worlds of Wes Anderson
• Steven Soderbergh says good-bye.
• Paris a century ago—in color!
• Port of Shadows returns to the light.
• The man who invented “one of the tools that made the French New Wave possible”
• Liv Ullman and Jessica Chastain are getting Strindbergian.
• Laurence Olivier’s Macbeth that never was
• Cool poster designs for the 2012 best picture nominees
• All Godzillas great and small
• The Mark Rappaport–Ray Carney fracas continues
• Getting to know the fearsome Pauline Kael
• In the market for a summer rental?