L’avventura: Cannes Statement
By Michelangelo Antonioni
Les Blank’s Cinéma Vitalité
By Andrew Horton
• A very detailed behind-the-scenes account of Paul Schrader’s latest
• Mozart, bloody Mozart
• An Olivier Assayas master class
• Wait, is that a classic movie or a TV soap opera?
• Ten shivery scenes
• Bringing history alive with Tony Kushner
• The Berlin Film Festival announces its lineup
• Getting inside the mind of E. M. Forster
• David Thomson’s expansive Big Screen
• The gray area between silence and sound
• Looking at the Oscars of 2012 . . .
• . . . and of 1922—before there were Oscars!