Redes: El cine mexicano
By Charles Ramírez Berg
Touki bouki: Mambéty and Modernity
By Richard Porton
Grey Gardens: Staunch Characters
By Hilton Als
• The brusque, brilliant Ben Gazzara
• Saul Bass gets scary for Kubrick
• Giving good face
• The year according to Film Comment
• When Bergman entered a new phase
• Bogdanovich’s Hitchcock files
• We heart these Kiarostami photographs.
• Sam Smyth on designing for Qatsi
• J. Hoberman’s ten filmmakers to watch
• Forget the death of film—whatever happened to paper?
• The pure, primal poetry of Pasolini
• Yes, Almodóvar, we’re excited too!