L’avventura: Cannes Statement
By Michelangelo Antonioni
Les Blank’s Cinéma Vitalité
By Andrew Horton
• Following Nolan’s career with Scott Foundas
• Serge Daney elucidates the “Godard paradox.”
• Digging Richard III
• A Hardy production from Polanski returns.
• Selections from the sought-after Tarkovsky collection . . .
• . . . which fetched a pretty penny.
• Catching up with travel addict Ewan McGregor
• Some very Lynchian lithographs
• And more Lynch, on the “great honor” Kubrick once did him
• The censor report on Aldrich’s The Killing of Sister George
• Video essay master Christian Keathley
• Richard Burton, reluctant actor