Did You See This?
What’s Happening on Hulu
Remembering Alain Resnais
By Alexandre Mabilon
Repertory Pick: L.A. Law
• Building Wes Anderson’s Hotel, and finding his Easter eggs • Awarding Chris Marker and Alain Resnais • Exploring early Fritz Lang films Read more »
• Billy Crystal remembers Sid Caesar. • Paolo Sorrentino talks Oscars and more. • Behind the scenes with Stanley Kubrick Read more »
• Naked Lunch and other adaptations of the unadaptable • David Bordwell on the great critics of yore • The Hitchcock-Nabokov collaboration that never was Read more »
• Weekend’s Andrew Haigh comes to HBO. • At the Oscars, more is less, says Mark Harris. • The Big Apple, Scorsese-style Read more »
• A Hoop Dreams oral history • Martin Scorsese and Wong Kar-wai—two legends chatting • Thelma Schoonmaker goes long. Read more »
• Reminiscing about Spalding Gray • The Little Tramp is turning 100. • For Dennis Cooper’s birthday, the beauty of Robert Bresson Read more »
• Being Judith Anderson • A directors’ roundtable with Steve McQueen, Spike Jonze, and others • Godard’s coming attractions Read more »
• Farran Smith Nehme on Joan Fontaine • David Thomson on Peter O’Toole • The Great Beauty deserves the award for best-dressed. Read more »
• Liv and Ingmar, together again on the big screen • The spooky luster of The Night of the Hunter • Charade turns fifty . . . Read more »
“1- Cruda visión de las dictaduras sudamericanas
2- Gran impacto visual
3- Dos finales sorprendentes”
el egipcio on Three Reasons: Brazil, about 3 hours ago.
“Just watched THE MUSIC ROOM. I now finally understand why Satyajit Ray is considered a film genius. This film is a masterpiece whatever criteria is used--story, character development, social commentary . . .”
Mukul Khurana on The Music Room: Distant Music, about 5 hours ago.
“Also I hope this director will be remembered.”
Sean on Remembering Alain Resnais, about 12 hours ago.
“Guys I hope you can re-release Last Year At Marien Bad in a Dual-Layer set and it was a pleasure of you releasing this article of Alain Renais.
“SITA SINGS THE BLUES!
Dean Eaton on Three Reasons: Fantastic Mr. Fox, about 16 hours ago.
SIGN UP to receive info on new releases, Top 10 lists, contests, giveaways, and special offers
The Criterion Collection © 2013 About Us Contact Us Janus Films
Join us on: Facebook Twitter Tumblr YouTube