10 Things I Learned: A Taste of Honey By Elizabeth Pauker
Flashback: Jeanne Moreau By Peter Cowie
A Taste of Honey: Northern Accents By Colin MacCabe
• New Sight & Sound poll: the greatest documentaries of all time
• Different versions of World War I on-screen
• Martin Scorsese’s very early project
• Abel Ferrara on his new Pasolini film
• Where have all the grown-up movies gone?
• Studs Terkel talks comedy and civilization with Jacques Tati.
• Glenn Kenny has a new book on Robert De Niro—here’s an excerpt.
• The visual delirium of Kinji Fukasaku
• Dave Kehr on his career as a cinephile
• A vérité pioneer passes.
• Remembering movie makeup genius Dick Smith