10 Things I Learned: A Taste of Honey By Elizabeth Pauker
Flashback: Jeanne Moreau By Peter Cowie
A Taste of Honey: Northern Accents By Colin MacCabe
• All is Hitchcock.
• Scorsese and Powell, in the same place at the same time
• Wong Kar-wai’s new movie certainly is pretty.
• Terrence Rafferty on cinematic Anna Kareninas
• Evil under the sun—Rosemary and co. at Cannes
• Get your Tarkovsky while supplies last!
• They all got it wrong!
• Essential Japanese films, then and now
• Heeeeeere’s Jack Nicholson, auteur
• Thirteen ways to talk about Fassbinder
• The Carney-Rappaport kerfuffle goes on.
• Marie Rivière, a Rohmer kind of woman
• Hoberman on American history’s “ultimate mensch”
• Alain Delon turned seventy-seven this week . . . let’s look at him, shall we?