The South Asian Britain of My Beautiful Laundrette By Sarfraz Manzoor
Criterion Designs: The Black Stallion by Nicolas Delort By Eric Skillman
10 Things I Learned:
My Beautiful Laundrette By Kim Hendrickson
• It’s playback time: on the music of Heaven’s Gate.
• Fish Tank director goes full Brontë.
• . . . and a lot from Olivier
• The saga of Céline and Jesse continues.
• William S. Burroughs’s cat came back.
• Rosenbaum remembers acting for Bresson.
• Who’s afraid of August Strindberg?
• Going deep with De Palma
• A new take on an American everyman
• Revisiting David Byrne’s Texan musical
• Some found footage can be put to good use . . .
• . . . but other found footage is best left alone.