All-American Medea: Shirley Stoler in The Honeymoon Killers By Nick Pinkerton
Multiple Maniacs: Genuine Trash By Linda Yablonsky
Anatomy of a Gag: Being There By David Cairns
• Quadrophenia kicks off a mod revival in the New York Times.
• Think Coney Island was frenetic and playful in Lonesome? Check this out.
• Remembering the grand dame of film criticism
• Ingrid Bergman, in pictures . . .
• . . . and in some revealing letters
• One of Chris Marker’s last projects: a Venice Film Festival trailer
• Artforum’s 1971 film issue, featuring Hollis Frampton . . . now available?
• Hopper, Ford, Huston. Three men. One bed.
• Tracking Werner Herzog, one of cinema’s great explorers
• Kubrick, dead center
• Defining a physical and a cerebral cinema
• Excerpts from J. Hoberman’s Film After Film
• Terry Gilliam, fashion maven