The Executioner: By the Neck By David Cairns
Designing for del Toro By Eric Skillman
• Boston’s Somerville Theatre and the fading art of the film projectionist
• A treasure trove of cinephiliana from 1907–1919
• Why Peter Bogdanovich couldn’t bring himself to vote in the Sight & Sound poll
• Get ready to be awesomely disillusioned
• The Rules of the Game, according to Richard Brody
• The Master of Suspense on set
• A tribute to Hitchcock’s once-upon-a-time leading man Ivor Novello
• Good stabbing music, but can you dance to it?
• A posthumous note to Spence, love Kate
• Less praise, more pans?
• Hoberman on twenty-first-century movie stardom . . . if it exists