The South Asian Britain of My Beautiful Laundrette By Sarfraz Manzoor
Criterion Designs: The Black Stallion by Nicolas Delort By Eric Skillman
10 Things I Learned:
My Beautiful Laundrette By Kim Hendrickson
• It’s official: the Bergman Foundation’s beautiful website is up and running.
• And Bergman may have hated the heat, but he made two lovely summer films.
• Molly Haskell genuflects to Rohmer.
• One of the first creative geniuses in Hollywood, Erich von Stroheim
• The video store is dead! Long live the video store!
• Kiarostami, out of Iran—again
• When Sturges went Hollywood
• John Huston’s wrenching post-WWII doc
• Fassbinder’s ten favorite films
• Sid and Nancy director Alex Cox goes spaghetti.
• Getting animated with Terry Gilliam