George Washington: These American Lives
By Armond White
Three Reasons: Blue Is the Warmest Color
Did You See This?
What’s Happening on Hulu
• The truly lost art of silent cinema • Pascal Dangin, Frances Ha’s secret weapon • Behind film’s ultimate preservation society Read more »
• Living Criterion covers • A lengthy detour with Edgar Ulmer • Re-creating Babette’s feast Read more »
• Catching up with Nashville’s Ronee Blakley • Visit Being John Malkovich’s 7 floor. • Agnès Varda selects. Read more »
• Adèle Exarchopoulos gets intimate on Charlie Rose. • Film Comment turns fifty! • Geoffrey O’Brien on Barbara Stanwyck Read more »
• Time out with Richard Linklater in a new video essay. • J. Hoberman on high art • Sketching Persona Read more »
• A trailer for The Great Beauty • The late Lou Reed’s new film • Why Halloween is the best movie holiday Read more »
• Stop, thief! • Dave Kehr goes to MoMA • Get to know your Tom Allen Read more »
We couldn’t resist sharing this Fandor interview with Pier Paolo Pasolini actor Ninetto Davoli. Read more »
• Wes takes Budapest. • Out of time with Chungking Express • Les placards du Godard Read more »
• Good-bye to the redoubtable Stanley Kauffmann • Remembering Kumar Pallana • Searching for Satyajit Ray in Kolkata Read more »
“director Abdellatif Kechiche is a genius I love his work ..”
sam on Three Reasons: Blue Is the Warmest Color, 44 minutes ago.
“ 1. Adele Exarchopoulos 2. Adele Exarchopoulos 3 Adele Exarchopoulos”
Luc Froyman on Three Reasons: Blue Is the Warmest Color, about 2 hours ago.
“1. The little details.
2. Chemistry mistaken for controversy.
3. The arrival of Adele.”
Scott La Londe on Three Reasons: Blue Is the Warmest Color, about 19 hours ago.
“1) Adele Exarchopoulos' effortless naturalness. 2) The unapologetic sexuality. 3) One of the most original, unpretentious, and bracing portraits of youth ever made.”
Sidney on Three Reasons: Blue Is the Warmest Color, about 19 hours ago.
“1. Adele Exarchopoulos
2. The exploration of first love at its most intense
3. A coming of age story that re-defines that genre with such intimacy and realism.”
thevoid99 on Three Reasons: Blue Is the Warmest Color, about 21 hours ago.
SIGN UP to receive info on new releases, Top 10 lists, contests, giveaways, and special offers
The Criterion Collection © 2013 About Us Contact Us Janus Films
Join us on: Facebook Twitter Tumblr YouTube